1. Use of personal data provided by the user
- Protecting personal data is very important to STAR S.p.A. therefore, use of the data is carried out in full compliance with industry regulations, specifically Legislative Decree 196/2003 and subsequent amendments.
- If consent is not granted, the services offered by the Portal cannot be used.
- The acquisition and processing of user data is carried out in order to manage the relationship with said users (e.g., access to the MySTAR customer portal, requests for quotation, filling out the form and sending a resume in the Jobs section of the website, request to shop on-line). Partaking in these aforementioned activities implies consent for the management of user orders and purchases, including under technical and administrative terms. User data can also be used by STAR S.p.A. for promotional or informative activity (sending the Newsletter or advertising material via sms, fax or e-mail and surveys for statistical, marketing or monitoring purposes).
- User data may be processed in locations other than the legal headquarters of STAR S.p.A. at Via Alessandria, 37/b, Valle San Bartolomeo, 15122 Alessandria (AL), Italy.
- Personal data will be communicated to third parties (herein ‘Third Parties’) only if necessary to fulfill an order or manage sales, which includes invoicing and general accounting activities.
- Only the specific information needed to perform the tasks assigned to them will be communicated to Third Parties (transportation companies, logistics companies, banks, collaborators, etc.) in order to fulfill an order or sale. Third Parties will not have the right to use the information provided for any other purpose.
2. Processing and diffusion of data
- The Data Processor is STAR S.p.A., with legal headquarters in Via Alessandria 37/B, Valle San Bartolomeo (AL), Italy. STAR S.p.A. can be contacted by filling out the form in the ‘Contacts’ section of the website (http://www.star-italia.net/contatti).
- STAR S.p.A. will assign all of the other individuals with access to personal data, as listed below, the roles of Tasked or Responsible for processing the data on a case by case basis.
- Personal data may be accessible to STAR employees or companies within the STAR Group in Italy or abroad.
- For all of the purposes outlined in point 1, it may be necessary for STAR S.p.A. to transfer personal data for further processing to other companies within the STAR Group or to external service suppliers that are in European and Non-European nations. STAR S.p.A. requires these Third Parties to accept using your personal data according to our instructions and in compliance with this policy and the Privacy Code (Legislative Decree 196/2003 and subsequent amendments).
- Any transfer of personal data outside of the European Union will be carried out after adopting the measures established by the Privacy Code.
- STAR S.p.A. may also disclose personal data if requested by law enforcement or government orders.
- Any other transfer of personal data will take place with the express consent of the user.
- STAR S.p.A. assures that it will not sell or disclose personal data to Third Parties that do not pertain to the STAR Group so that they can use the data for commercial purposes.
- Should the obligation to store data not be in effect, users will always have the right to ask that the data be deleted. If this request is made, the data will be deleted immediately.
3. Mode of processing and retention period
- STAR S.p.A. will use the personal data acquired with and without the aid of electronic tools and in full compliance with the Privacy Code, including the security profile.
- The personal data used will be retained for the period needed to execute the service, or rather in compliance with the time limits set by applicable laws.
4. Consent to process data
- By using the present Portal, users accept the present Privacy Conditions and give their consent for the acquisition, use, disclosure, storage and protection of the personal information as described.
5. Contact, information, revoke consent, block, delete personal data
- Without any obligation whatsoever, the user may exercise their rights at any time as recognized in Article 7 of the Privacy Code to carry out activity such as revoking consent to use personal data, partially or completely blocking personal information, requesting information regarding personal data that STAR S.p.A. possesses and requesting modifications. There is no requirement for specific formalities.
- The user can simply write to STAR S.p.A. by filling out the form in the ‘Contacts’ section of the website (http://www.star-italia.net/contatti).
- To revoke consent to the newsletter, please follow the instructions outlined in the STAR S.p.A communication.
- Should access to the Portal be made via a social network (e.g., LinkedIn, Facebook, Twitter, etc.), the information related to the User can by transmitted to the owners of the individual social network, waiving any and all of STAR S.p.A.’s responsibility with regards to inappropriate use on the part of the above mentioned social network.
7. Data security
- STAR S.p.A. uses technology and security measures called for by the Privacy Code to protect the user’s personal data against loss, modification or access by unauthorized parties
8. Updates and variations to the present policy
- STAR S.p.A. reserves the right to update and/or modify parts of the present policy at any time and without notification. Users are invited to consult the policy periodically for any changes or updates.